How Can You Buy Gasolina Custom-Made Riding Boots?
The years between 1940 and 1960 were the golden era of motorcycle riding. It was the time of motorcycling greats such as Jeff Surtees, Giacomo Agostini, and Jeff Duke. At the time, motorcycling enthusiasts would settle for any sturdy boot when they went out riding, and the preferred boots back then were patterned after the Grand Prix motorcycle racers. Today, there are overwhelming options available in the market but one manufacturer stands apart from the rest. Gasolina has risen up the ranks to become the world’s best motorcycle riding gear manufacturer.
The company is the brainchild of Todd Fell who had his eureka moment after he met a fantastic boot maker in Mexico. The boot maker made him a pair of Café Racer style boots, and seeing how good the resulting product was, he started taking orders. The Café Racer style boots are still a hit today but you will also get 12 types of handcrafted, comfortable, yet tough boots in a classic design.
- They are made from high quality top grain 1.8 – 2mm leather on the outside.
- The inside is lined with glove soft leather.
- The boots are resistant to scuffs and wear since they are vat dyed in order for the color to permeate the leather.
- They have a soft flap running the entire length of the zipper to keep out water and wind while protecting your pants and socks.
- Solid and natural rubber soles.
- They are made in small batches
Where to Get Them
You will hardly walk into any biker shop and find Gasolina boots on the shelves. If you want a pair, you will have to go to their official website or email them at email@example.com. You will find a questionnaire where you fill in your shoe size and the width, calf circumference, how you will wear the boots – over your jeans or tucked in – your preferred color of leather, and the stitch color, among other questions. The boots take about 3 weeks to make and the shipping can take anywhere between 2 days and 3 weeks depending on the shipping option you prefer.